"If a doula was a drug it would be unethical not to use it"
- John H. Kenndell, MD
There is no other time that such a life changing event than the birth of a child. It is also a drastically trying time for many families, The abilities to stay focused and positive can be quite a challenge in the mist of active labor. As your doula my job is to bring you comfort and confidence, empowering and you and your partner to have a positive experience you will remember for a lifetime.
A Doula present during birth can
- 31% decrease in the use of Pitocin*
- 28% decrease in the risk of C-section*
- 12% increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth*
- 9% decrease in the use of any medications for pain relief
- 14% decrease in the risk of newborns being admitted to a special care nursery
- 34% decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience*
The full article can be found at http://evidencebasedbirth.com/the-evidence-for-doulas/
This is the most popular option for new families providing you with one on one guided support from contract signing through the early days of parenthood includes everything in the "Birth Day" as well as
- 2 prenatal meeting, to educate you and your partner, on an understanding of your birth options
- Research-based relaxation technics,
- Creating your birth plan,
- Tips on easing the transition to parenthood,
- Postnatal follow-up meeting.
- One on On Lactation Support
Birth then Baby
For those looking to continue support after the birth of your baby to ensure a smooth transition to parenthood. includes all the "Birth Day" "My Birth" and 40 hours of postpartum support to be used in the first 4 weeks
- Guidance for the first few weeks
- 1 on 1 Lactations support
- Assist with baby care
- General housekeeping
- Assist with siblings
- Meal planning, prep
Ideal for families that have given birth before, and interested in support on the day of Birth only
- On call at contract signing
- Phone and email support
- Continues labor support
- up to 2 hours of support after the birth
Other services offered for birth clients;
Placenta encapsulation. Lactation support. Private Better Baby Class.